Our professional pre-press department is here to help you with any questions you may have. We offer graphic design services, and would be happy to help you set up or design your label (please inquire for cost estimate). Below are some basic guidelines for your artist to ensure the quality of your print job. We accept all versions of adobe software and Quark Xpress. We do not recommend using Microsoft software.
- 1/16 inch minimum bleed is required beyond the die size or trim.
- Include all hi-res images/art. 300 dpi for CT’s or Photoshop files.
- 300 dpi placed or linked files enlarged over 125% can pixelize and will flag as low resolution.
- Linked Images
- Images should be supplied as a hi-resolution files (300 dpi) using CMYK color mode.
- Avoid embedding graphics and images used in your Illustrator or Indesign files.
- Use only CMYK or spot colors. Convert any RGB files to CMYK.
- Identify any PMS, special mix or spot colors. Use Pantone Name. Do not use custom names, ie: “Sky Blue, Rustic Brown”.
- PDF documents should be created as “Print Quality”. All fonts must be embedded and 1/16 -1/8 inch bleed added to any PDF file generated.
- Please note that our prepress software will render all traps and min dot, file correction in CT’s.
- All proofs will be generated from the final file used for imaging or proceeding to plate.
- All proofs will have a dieline incorporated into the proof.
- We offer
- Stylus Pro WT7900 (click here for a brochure)
- Proofs generated on clear, reflective or adhesive material may be subject to additional charges
- Adobe Acrobat Press Quality PDFs
- Include copies of all fonts used in your file, graphics and images.
- Embed all the fonts when writing PDFS.
- PC users: Convert all fonts to outlines in Illustrator to avoid any conflict.
- Minimum rule width is .25pt (1/4 Point)
- Minimum Srceen percentage is 3%
- Font size 4 point or higher for single color 6 point of higher for build or knockout type
- UPC codes need to be sized at 80 magnification or above with a Bar Width Reduction of -.0025.
- All barcodes need: -.0025″BWR with sufficient quiet zones to scan after printing. (we can regenerate your barcode for you if needed)
- Please supply a Hard copy or confirming PDF with all files to insure correct reproduction.
- Electronic file transfer/Webnative upload (Please Inquire)